Traditional pork pie seasoning
This is an authentic seasoning for a traditional British pork pie, this recipe is used by quality butchers and farm shops to rave reviews. Included is a recipe guide for Franco's famous hand raised, hot water crust pastry which is a showstopper!
|Pork Meat (mince 8mm)
|Pork Meat (mince 5mm)
|Pork Pie Seasoning
*Please note Rusk is required for this recipe
Method - Using a mixer
1. Place the minced meat in the mixing bowl, add the rusk and seasoning. Mix to disperse well.
2. Gradually add cold water. Mix until absorbed and the desired texture is obtained.
3. Leave to cure for 1 hour at room temperature. Fill into pie shells as required.
Method - Using a bowl cutter
1. Place the meat in the bowl cutter, add the seasoning and the rusk. Chop on slow speed to disperse well.
2. Gradually add the cold water, chop until absorbed and the desired texture is obtained.
3. Fill into pie shells and allow 1 hour to cure before cooking.
In this recipe, the assumption has been made that the weight of the filling will be equal to the total weight of pastry.
1. The pies should be baked at 400F (200C) to an internal temperature of 160F (72C).
2. The pies can be glazed before or after cooking.
Geletine can be added to the pork pies after baking if required.